Happy Easter to all my readers.
Today Thomas and I have celebrated the Resurrection with the congregation of Holy Trinity Cathedral. Rev Frederick reminded that just as the Risen Jesus met Mary in the garden, he is looking to meet each one of us and calls us by name into his kingdom.
After church we moved across the road to the Avari Towers for a swim and lie by the pool to enjoy the sun and temperatures of 35 degrees. We attempted to ring Thomas' family, who are currently in Skegness, but they were still in bed.
Moving across another road took us to the Marriott Hotel for their Easter Brunch, complete with live rabbits and chicks, which had been dyed all colours of the rainbow! The food, as always, was delicious.
We have spent the afternoon relaxing around the house, with some more Urdu reading practice. I have also been showing Thomas 'Victoria Wood - As Seen on TV' which he has never seen. Though this had made me realise that it was first shown 3 years before he was born!!
This evening we are off to Kathy and Zulfi's for dinner and a game of something. Zulfi wants to try out his dosa making and we are both very willing to be guinea pigs for this!
As I was serving communion this morning I was reminded, not for the first time, of a passage from one of Adrian Plass' books. One of the characters in his 'Diary' series is called Leonard Thynn and he is a recovering alcoholic. During the communion service Adrian looks at Leonard and sees him staring into the chalice, looking at the wine. Adrain describes the scene in his mind, 'there he is looking into the chalice, seeing both the problem and it's solution'
Our lives carry many problems, but I know that the 'solution' lies in the blood of the Lamb. The fact that 'Jesus died and was buried and on the third day rose again' means that I can take all my problems to Him. The problems don't alway disappear but it does make it easier to bear knowing He is here with me.
May the Peace of Risen Christ, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge of his love, now and always...
Sunday, 12 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment